Every Thursday (8.00pm – 9.00pm)
FLObaret® This course will introduce you to the fun and glamorous world of FLObaret, bringing together a sizzling dance style with elaborate show tunes and a lot of sassy fun. FLObaret helps you explore what it means to be a strong, sexy confident woman and a total glamour queen. You will learn how to walk the walk, dance with grace and how to exude confidence and sex appeal.
You will learn all the fundamentals of FLObaret dance, the cheeky seduction, smile, flirt, wink and gasp you’ll also learn to do the tantalising shimmy, shake, undulate, bump & grind, wiggle , jiggle, twirl and swirl your way through classic FLObaret moves and learn how to use the tools of tease such as canes, gloves and chair. Not only will you have a giggle doing this course you will also have a great workout.
FLObaret is the new ‘pole dancing’, with the added benefit that it isn’t quite so athletic and a wider range of women are doing it. FLObaret is gaining popularity not only because it's fun but because the fashions of the “burlesque and cabaret” era are back in favour. FLObaret does not equal stripping - a very good FLObaret dancer may remove no more than a glove or a stocking. Of course, we are not all Rose Chan…!
Benefits of FLObaret
As adults when we engage in dance classes it’s not for the purpose of beginning a professional career, but as a way to better enhance ourselves, our physicality, and enjoyment in life. Here’s a compiled list of only some of the benefits of FLObaret.
1. Confidence. FLObaret is challenging for anyone. As you continue on in your FLObaret education, you’ll begin to grasp elements that were once difficult. You also see the progress of your work visually. By taking a risk, working at something, and watching the progression as you obtain your goal is a very satisfying and uplifting experience for anyone.
2. Learn to love your body and use it as an instrument in FLObaret.
3. Gain poise, grace, carriage, and posture. With repetition and in-class enforcement, you’ll find how you hold your body in everyday life changes as you learn to use and control your own muscles differently.
4. Flexibility. Part of a FLObaret warm-up includes limbering our muscles. This helps in preventing injuries, and keeps us physically young.
5. Strength. As you utilize FLObaret exercises you begin to build muscular strength. This has an overall benefit that with continuation can lead to staying physically young.
6. Long and lean muscles. FLObaret incorporates specific exercises that produce the long and lean muscular look.
7. Brain young! FLObaret offers an opportunity to engage the right and left hemisphere of your brain.
8. Progression is individual. It’s natural and beneficial to progress at your own rate.
9. Anyone, at any age or level, can benefit from FLObaret.
10. Expression. FLObaret is exercise with an artistic intent.
11.The “dancers high.” Maybe it’s the movement. Maybe it’s the music. But FLObaret provides a sense of overall well balance. Dancers often reach euphoria, or dancers high, just from taking a class.
Testimonial on FLObaret®
Thank you Mama Joa, you make the great change "Salute" & I will keep up the good job with Mama Joa :):)
Hahahahaha...... I luv the class and Mama Joa!!
Thank u so much Mama Joa, you're great teacher and with your guardian.... I have much more confident in myself :):) **HUGSSSSS** ~ Annie
yes mama, i mean it cos its an honour to learn from you ;);) ~ Lacey
Mama, I love to b in ur class, u make it very fun n I felt motivated n looking forward to every Tuesday. U r a good motivator. ~ Delia
Weekly Class for Individual:
RM25 per session
RM80 for 4 sessions (save RM20) valid for ONE month
2 Month Goodies:
RM150 for 8 sessions (save RM50) valid for TWO months.
About Joa Tan, now fondly known as Mama JOa
MaMa JOa used to live in Hong Kong where she was trained in modern jazz at the Hong Kong Arts Centre. She became a fashion model after being spotted by a talent scout during one of her dance performances. While living in Bangkok, she enrolled at the Dance Centre to learn erotic dancing and she was also involved in jewellery designing. It was not until she lived in Los Angeles that she got closer to spirituality where she attended SUFI sessions and this was where she continued her jazz classes at the Santa Monica Dance studio.
MaMa JOa has been into Yoga since 1999, and she has taught classes in USA, Australia, Taiwan and Thailand. She holds international certifications in Group Fitness (LMAP), Holistic Fitness (AF, USA ~ ACE affiliated), Fitness & Nutrition (ISC, Quebec, Canada) and Yoga (ER, USA). MaMa JOa has completed a Shiva ~ Shakti dance course and Tantric Dance Movement in Los Angeles. MaMa JOa is also a Certified Angel Tarot Card Reader (certified by Doreen Virtue) and a certified Reiki healer. She has been trained in EFT and Triangular Meditation, and after her initiation by a powerful Tantra Master, Swami Sanatskanda, MaMa JOa now teaches Tantra Yoga and is a Tantric masseuse.